History of The Ice Cream Club®, Inc.
Starting in 1982 with a single ice cream shop, The Ice Cream Club®, Inc. has steadily grown to become the leading regional manufacturer and distributor of premium parlor style ice cream, yogurt and related products in the Southeastern U.S. The Ice Cream Club®, Inc. distributes ice cream and mixes to over 500 Ice Cream Shops, Retirement Communities, Restaurants, Food Service Accounts and Wholesale Accounts throughout the Southeastern and Midatlantic U.S. and Caribbean Islands. In order to ensure the success of long term customers, the Company’s award winning products are only found in select ice cream dipping stores and food service accounts, not in grocery or convenience stores, or discount warehouses. The secret to the Company’s success is the unbeatable taste of the Company’s premium 14% Ice Cream Club® line. In addition, the Company has become synonymous for large quantities of oversized inclusions throughout the Ice Cream Club® line along with many creative and unique flavors. The Ice Cream Club® holds true to the old-fashioned way of producing ice cream. This process takes longer and is less automated, but the taste of the ice cream definitely makes it worth it!
Along with the unique Licensed Store Program, featuring a variety of over 200 flavors in stock at all times, the Company develops formulas and provides private label production and distribution services to several regional and national companies. The Company is very proud of the quality, variety and exceptional taste of their No Sugar Added Ice Cream line. The Company maintains a Dairy Laboratory on premise and employs a full time Quality Control Director with a degree in Dairy Science from the University of Florida and over 25 years of experience.
There has been uninterrupted continuity of ownership/management since inception. The Ice Cream Club® prides itself on its long term employees, customers and suppliers. In addition The Ice Cream Club®, Inc. maintains a strong commitment to the community, donating time, resources and products to numerous charities and scholastic enhancement programs.
Ownership / Executive Team:
- Rich Draper, CEO / President
- Tom Jackson, Senior Vice President
- The Ice Cream Club® is an active member of International Dairy Foods Association, ("IDFA"). In 2014, Rich Draper was elected to and serves on the Board of Director of the International Ice Cream Association, ("IICA"), an IDFA affiliate.
- The Ice Cream Club® is an active member of All Star Association. In 2014 Rich Draper was elected to and serves on the Board of Directors of All Star Association.
- The Ice Cream Club® is an active member of The National Retailers Ice Cream Association, ("NICRA"). Rich Draper is the former Chairman of the National Ice Cream Retailers Suppliers Association.
- The Ice Cream Club® is an active member of Florida Dairy Products Association.
- The Ice Cream Club® is an active member of Florida Restaurant and Lodging Association.
- The Ice Cream Club® is an active member of Localecopia.
- The Ice Cream Club® is an active member of Fresh From Florida.
|1982||The company is formed and a retail store opens in Manalapan, FL. It is the first store to open its doors in the now well known Plaza Del Mar located along Florida’s Route A1A. Founders Rich Draper and Tom Jackson start producing The Ice Cream Club® brand ice cream in the back of the 600 square foot dipping store.|
|1983||The Ice Cream Club® receives its first Best Ice Cream Award from The Miami Herald, followed thereafter by many others including; The Sun Sentinel, South Florida Business Journal, Diner’s Choice, Palm Beach Post, etc.|
|1984||The Company opens a 2nd larger store in North Palm Beach, FL and moves production to the new store.|
|1985||Due to overwhelming demand The Ice Cream Club®, Inc. expands into wholesale sales and distribution.|
|1992||The Company moves into a larger production facility (18,000 sq. ft.) in Boynton Beach, FL.|
|1995||The Company begins production of Ice Cream Mixes, utilizing batch pasteurization.|
|2000||First out of state Licensed Store opened.|
|2009||Company reaches annual volume of over 1,000,000 gallons of finished product and distribution into 10 Southeastern States and the Caribbean Islands.|
|2010||Company received the "All Star Purchasing Award" from All Star Dairy Association|
|2014||Responding to demand, the Company launches it's ice cream pints by mail program whereby consumers can have 6 pints of any flavor(s) delivered direct to their home.|
The Ice Cream Club®…dedicated to
quality… poised for growth….